View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 11:27 AM   #22
cas951

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfix View Post
I should rejoin. Maybe it is better now.

I was with the Santa Barbara region for a few years. The egomaniac president really turned me off. I was sitting at a table for breakfast and mentioned that I belonged to the "R GRUPPE" the guy next to me went off on a street racing rant that would not end.

I was leaving one meeting behind a member and his wife, as they walked by by 1973 Carrera RS he commented on the primer on a fender we were fixing....."why would you bring and old piece of junk like that to a PCA meeting" he quipped.

I really should give it another try.
Wow that’s interesting. How long ago was this? Older air cooled have been a hot market lately so i would assume they would be drooling over it.

For the OP. Joining PCA for me was probably the best thing I did since owning a Porsche. I was a Porsche owner for 13 years before joining. Was I glad I did. Like some others I’m not a track guy but don’t mind attending once in a great while. A lot of fun when I’m there. The best part i like are the get together, weekend get away tours and Porsche Parade. I attend as many as my schedule allows and I haven’t been bored yet. In 10 years of PCA membership I’ve been to 3 Parades, one Escape and countless driving tours. Enjoyed each one of them.

I hear rumors that next year or 2020 Parade will be in San Diego. I heard the last one there was one of the best Parade in decades.
cas951 is offline   Reply With Quote