View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 10:41 PM   #8
Topless
Track rat

Garage
+1 on what Tom said.

Like any organization or relationship anywhere, you will likely get out of PCA what you put into it. For me that means lifelong friendships and a large network of people who are far more talented and connected than I am. If you sign up thinking this volunteer organization is there to serve you, it will probably be disappointing. Get actively involved and have some shared experiences with other enthusiasts.

Snobs? Sure, every organization everywhere has em. Car clubs, yacht clubs, churches, business associations, musicians, homeowners associations etc. Yep the world is ripe with them. They are as thick as rats everywhere. Who cares? We have three ways to deal with car snobs: We can hide from them, simply ignore them, or drive around them on the race track. Choose the method that works best for you.

We were sitting around the campfire one night at a PCA event and I casually noticed there were 3 MDs, 1 hospital CEO, 2 engineers, 1 Chemist PhD, 1 Nuclear physicist, 1 Planetary astrophysicist, 2 small business owners, and 2 Porsche master mechanics. We all called each other friends, chased each other around the track, trash-talked each other in the pits, and helped each other change wheels, bleed brakes, diagnose issues, exchange track data, and looked out for each other when someone might have had too much to drink. That one event was worth a year PCA membership to me. There are a lot of those events.

You get out of it what you put into it.

Last edited by Topless; 01-02-2018 at 10:59 PM.
Topless is offline   Reply With Quote