View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 08:19 PM   #19
Pablito

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboybox View Post
Just had the same thing happen to my boxster tonight pulling in my driveway got out of the car to put it in the garage and the engine started to run Rough then turned off.tried to restart and it would run for just a second then turn off.took outbthe MAF Sensor cleaned it now it just turns over but wont start at all.was wondering what you had to fix to get yours running again sence it sounds like we had the same problem Thanks for any help you can give.

Sorry for the belated response. By the way, thanks everybody for your feedback the Collective knowledge here is second to none. In my case, you may not want to know how all turned out. I finally decided to take my car to Vortex Motorsport (its right near where I live as it turned out) and after a thorough diagnosis it seems my engine is dead. There was no compression in any of the cylinders in the left bank and the starter its just spinning without any reaction. It seemed pointless to keep looking after that. Chucky is out for the count and I’m looking for a replacement engine...

Hope you had better luck. In the meantime I’m keeping my ears open for any possible donor of a low mileage 2.5L or early 2.7.....any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

"I am who I am, your approval isn't required" - Jack Nicholson
Pablito is offline   Reply With Quote