View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 01:53 PM   #6
Nmbrsix

I put this ad up when I was losing my storage (onsite garage) and didn't have a home for it. It's never been driven in winter by either myself or the prior owner (a 60 y/o gent who had everything from a 308 GT4 to a TR6), and I didn't want it sitting outside. I made a deal with the devil, aka my Father, to store it in his shop building for the Winter (in exchange for some kind of as-yet undefined hard labor), so it's less urgent that I sell now; but if someone values the work I've invested (I don't kid when I say I have receipts equal to what I paid for the car in less than 4 years' ownership), I'm happy to talk further.

It'll likely need brakes in the next 8-10k miles; I drive it so little (mainly commuting to/from work in Summer) I haven't done them (yet). I did do a brake fluid flush last year. I'm unaware of any significant mechanical needs beyond that.

It's had regular annual service with OEM oil filters and Gibbs DT40 under my ownership. It'll be due for an oil change in the spring, at which time I'd likely consider doing the brakes as well.

To be clear--when I had the clutch/PP/flywheel/AOS/water pump/t-stat/IMS/RMS done, the only thing that needed to be done was the RMS was leaking and the water pump had started weeping slightly. I did everything else because I want a car that I don't have to think twice about. Same thing for the suspension work; nothing was broken, but it didn't drive as well as I thought it should.
Nmbrsix is offline   Reply With Quote