View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 08:50 PM   #7
Badboybox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablito View Post
Last night I stopped at a speedway and topped off the gas tank with the 93 Premium gas. After a couple of miles the car started to sputter and stalled. Subsequent attempts to restart kept giving a few sputters and after brief low revs stumbles stalls again. Needless to say I had it put on a flat bed and nurse it back home. This morning in an attempt to get it started again a cleaned the MAF sensos and tried starting it. It briefly started and once again after a brief time of low revs stumbles it stalled again.

I wanted to poll your collective wisdom, before I start calling shops in the local Tampa area, to see if anybody has had a similar issue. If so, is my suspicion of a faulty gas pump/fuel filter the culprit? Car has been running ok since it was brought in last July. All O2 sensors were replaced in June as well as a MAF sensor last May. I had been noticing a slight smell of fuel in the cabin upon hard braking a couple of months ago.

Any insight would be welcomed. Also if anybody knows of a trusty mechanic in the Tampa area would be immensely appreciated.

Just had the same thing happen to my boxster tonight pulling in my driveway got out of the car to put it in the garage and the engine started to run Rough then turned off.tried to restart and it would run for just a second then turn off.took outbthe MAF Sensor cleaned it now it just turns over but wont start at all.was wondering what you had to fix to get yours running again sence it sounds like we had the same problem Thanks for any help you can give.
Badboybox is offline   Reply With Quote