View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 05:26 PM   #1
flynavyj

WTB - 986 or 986s

Hey everyone,

I had an account here for a while, as I planned on buying a cheap 986 a few years ago, decided against it (cheapest porsche you buy can be the most expensive porsche you own) and ended up driving a 92 camaro, swapped with an LS1 as a weekend toy for years. I've still been in love with boxsters and caymans, and I think it's time to make the move.

Camaro is up for sale, soon as it's gone I'll be seriously looking for the best Boxster I can afford. Would like to spend up to 10k, and that looks like it'll put me in a decent 986, although I'd be ok with a 987 as well (if the price works). I don't NEED it to be an S car, although that'd be fine. Car will not be tracked, will only be for weekend jaunts in and around town, to the wineries, etc. I'll use it for work on nice driving days, and enjoy spring and fall with the top down. Definitely prefer a manual transmission, would love if the IMS is already complete (unless the price is low enough that it's not a concern).

As to colors, I don't know really what I want. I did fall in love with a black 03 with tan interior, but will go look at it after the holidays. Priced at $9600, looks good but I doubt there's any decent maintenance records and feel members here may be a better source for a good car. So basically, any color exterior, tan interior (maybe black...be preferably tan)...definitely not gray. Manual transmission, base or S, and under or around $10k max budget.

Anyone selling?
flynavyj is offline   Reply With Quote