View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 07:06 AM   #15
dsallean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich XTR View Post
Besides the cam holding tool used before removing the valve covers what other tools did you need?
There is the #9611 tool to hold down the camshafts while removing and replacing the actuator. Made mine from wood and used cam cover bolts to hold them down. Also the #9634 which is one you are probably referring to which holds the camshaft ends. Made that from aluminum angle stock with some bolts. Also #9632 for compressing the actuator. Not totally necessary as you can compress them other ways but it was a lot easier for me to remove and reassemble with that tool. Made mine from reverse thread stock and a couple of locknuts. Super easy if you can get the correct reverse thread stock and nuts. (If you want to borrow mine just send me a PM and I will drop it in the mail for you to use)

http://www.nutrod.com/Nutrod/Pics/Pages/Install_Head_4-6.html#20

Of course you can buy them but I am a DIYer to the extent possible and since I was doing all this work with the engine still in the car I was planning on making things as easy as possible. Plus I had a little time to think about it and make the tools. Doing it with the engine out would have been significantly easier.

Dave

Last edited by dsallean; 12-22-2017 at 07:27 AM.
dsallean is offline   Reply With Quote