View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 12:38 AM   #8
heiwaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof3 View Post
I realize there is a bit of a communication gap here, but let's get some things lined up. The shift selector (up front) moves normally? Correct? You detached the shift cables at the shifter or the "gearbox"/transaxle? Is the picture your transaxle or is yours in the car?

If you disconnected the cables at the shifter and didn't mark the position they were in, you are going to need to have them properly adjusted at a shop, unless you have the shifter centering clip, which is unlikely. If you disconnected the cable at the transmission end, it is probable, as above, the large lever is out of place and not allowing the lower arm to move. There is a detent inside that will block the lower lever if the large lever is not aligned properly.

- Yes, the big shift selector (gearbox) that moves shifter front to back (copkit) moves correctly.
- Yes, I detached both shift cables from gearbox
- My gearbox is mounted in the car, this picture is the same as my gearbox.

I have disassembled several times the transaxle to change clutch, IMS,.. and never have any problem when disconnected the cables, no need to adjust.
When the shift get blocked was when I was driving the car and try to shift gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anker View Post
Here's what I suggest you do: Detach the shift cables at the transmission. Move the large lever until you feel that is is clicked into the middle position, then try to move the small lever. If the small lever moves you have a cable adjustment problem and you'll have to either get the cables adjusted at a shop or get the proper tool to lock the shifter as Geof3 suggested and try to do it yourself.
I moved the large lever and it moves correctly, I feel the clicks. But..., the small lever doesn´t moves, and don't feel any click, so the problem is inside the gearbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster View Post
If only we had a picture to solve the language gap ... oh wait we do (his link). He's talking about transmission (gear box) being the issue:

And yes, not much I can think of in terms of fix without cracking open the case...

Goo luck
Yes, I think tha need to open the gearbox. Sorry for my english language, I try to write I best I can

Now I have the car elevate to start to take out the gearbox and open it.

Last edited by heiwaz; 12-20-2017 at 12:46 AM.
heiwaz is offline   Reply With Quote