View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 08:05 AM   #4
denverpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
BeechSierra, sorry, but I am going to highjack this thread a little bit, and ask a question of some of the legal minded members of the forum.

What if this rock that chipped BeechSierra's windshield can off of a truck, hauling gravel? If you could get this truck to pullover, could you make a damage claim against that driver?

Or, what if the truck just pulled out of a construction area, and did not "clear" its tire treads, and a stone gets loose from his dirty tires, and then the rock/stone smacks your windshield?

Or one more, what if a car or truck has a tire blowout, and part of the tire hits your car and does damage?
In the instance of a gravel truck - they are legally responsible for any damages. My favorite is the "Stay back 500' - Not Responsible for Broken Windshields" signs on the backs of these trucks. They're great because, well, they are responsible and putting a sign on the truck doesn't alleviate that obligation.

I'd think it's probably less clear, legally, regarding the stone from a truck tire or a blowout....

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote