View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 03:32 PM   #9
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewArt View Post
I forgot to mention, I did install the UDP, essentially to keep from cooking my PS pump at the track. Don’t know if it really gives you any boost but it’s good peripheral insurance.
«****Eddy****» posted a 3 hp gain on the dyno after installing the plenum/TB/box mod. Seems like a lot of work for 3 hp. But I guess every bit counts!
I don't agree with that 3 HP increase. I did the air box, plenum and tb upgrades and could tell the power was much much better. I have since put on headers with 200 cell cats, secondary cat delete pipes and a borla exhaust. My car pulls like a monster.

Do I have dyno numbers, no, but watching a guy on youtube that did the air box, plenum, tb and a "sport exhaust" with the stock Porsche tune gained 25 HP on the dyno. He did have an UDP, but the dyno showed no gain with it.

HP with the air box, plenum, tb and a "sport exhaust".

UDP showed no HP gain.

Car had an off the self tune on it, then they put the Porsche factory tune back on it. Total HP gain in the end was 25 HP.