View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 06:21 AM   #301
Brian in Tucson

A non IMS bad engine.

I'm starting the process of replacing the engine in my 01 Boxster base. Replacing the 2.7 with another 2.7 from the same era.

My current engine is severely wounded because of the previous owner putting off repairs and maintenance and severely overheating the engine. It leaks oil and smokes. I got mine for cheap $3300, but it had a plethora of problems that slowly I've been correcting. The engine I'm putting in is a 2000, lately in a 2002. It's one of those engines that Porsche rebuilt with a beefed up IMS, and I've replaced the RMS and the front crankseal. About 60K on the engine since the rebuild. I've also done the water pump. And it will be getting headers and a new rear exhaust which will make it a true dual ex. system. And maybe a spin on filter adapter. Amazing all the spendy goodies you can throw at these engines.

It's a project car, it needs new struts and the cv joints need to be cleaned, repacked and new boots installed. But it has good interior, a relatively new top, and a paint job.

Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote