View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 10:39 AM   #13
The Radium King

i think there is no definitive list as the options vary with where you live (emissions requirements) displacement of your engine, year of your car, and how far you want to take it. in my case - 2000 S with no emissions requirements - the parts list is:

$40 997 plenum new, $100 cayman/996/997 used throttle body with the four fasteners and gasket, $100 used 987 air box with the MAF housing and the rubber coupler, a 3.25” OD aluminum coupler, a 3.25” ID silicone elbow, and some approriately sized hose clamps. a bunch of tricks to install it all, and 10 minutes at your local shop that has a pst2 or piwis to push the appropriate tune onto your car (in my case i am running a 2000 996 ROW tune, where the 996 part allows me to run the larger MAF housing, and the row part gets me past the no cat stuff).

otherwise, cheap chinese headers, midpipe and muffler, and a 4” underdrive pulley. $1000 for ‘x’ horsepower. basically, you are using all the work done by porsche to improve the 9xx series and incorporating it onto your car. with the cheap chinese exhaust stuff, it is all fabspeed knockoff.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote