View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 11:25 AM   #5
Brian in Tucson

I'm replacing the engine because it burns, leaks oil. I know it's been overheated at least 3 times and one of those was a very bad one. I have a nice engine, one of those that was rebuilt by Porsche with a much better IMS, in my carport and am planning to get started on it tomorrow. The replacement motor is getting the usual stuff, new main seal, new front seal, new plugs and tubes, motor mount, trans mounts. Also cat back exhaust, headers, and I'm going to evaluate the drone and maybe put on some resonators.

Yes, the overflow is draining out in front of the rt rear wheel. The tank is aftermarket and doesn't leak. When I put the new tank in I did use and I did use my Airlift when filling it. It is not leaking anywhere else under there. Only at the overflow hose. Thanks for the clarification, I think I have it back together right.

I'm experienced in other cars and trucks, pretty good at Prius. I'm still a bit of a newbie on the Porsche and part of trying to correct other people's mistakes is to try to figure out what they did wrong.

Last edited by Brian in Tucson; 11-30-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote