View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 06:41 AM   #15
PaulE

I wouldn't condemn LN for putting a limited warranty on the IMS Solution or any of their upgraded bearings. Porsche put a warranty on their car and engine that had a limited term. LN came out with some good fixes for a real problem they didn't create. If LN had offered a better warranty and the part cost 5 or 10 times as much, would that be a good deal? Every business has to balance cost/benefit and return on investment. The original cost/benefit analysis done by Porsche to use a sealed bearing on the back of the IMS was not a good one in retrospect. I always thought they did it because it was too expensive to get an oil feed to the bearing at the back of the engine. Then yesterday I watched the new IMS bearing video just posted on the PCA website and see there is a hydraulic chain tensioner on that end of the engine that keeps tension on the chain from the crankshaft to the IMS. So it wasn't because it was too hard to get oil pressure back there.

Anyway, I'm sorry for your loss nobrakes. I will tell you there are compromises made on every car I have ever owned or worked on, including Acura, Audi, Austin Healey, BMW, Chevy, Fiat, Ford, Honda, Jaguar, Mazda, MG, Nissan/Datsun, Peugeot, Porsche, Triumph. The later model Japanese cars do tend to be better in my experience. I hope you have good luck with your next car.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote