View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 08:37 AM   #1
1096369fred

Driver window won't drop.....

Hey Guys,

Dumb question time..... (Many more to follow!) I pulled my door card yesterday to try and fix my driver window issue.... I checked the regulator, expecting to try the "cable tie trick" to fix loose cables..... To my suprise the cables where nice and tight and "the green thing" at the end of the cable was so snug there was no way to get a zip tie in there.... So guessing the privious owner MUST have recently replaced it....

I also replaced the micro switch on the external door handle, as the old one seems spotty....l

Here is my problem....

Lifting the internal and external door handles cause the window motor to engage..... But the window barely moves.... Maybe a 16th of an inch..... Not the 1/4" or more that the passenger side drops... crap....

It does seem like the driver window "may" sit a bit higher in the door then the passenger side.... But not sure that would cause any issues.... But when I open the door handle it is almost like the window is hitting something..... But it goes up and down at the switch with no problem.....

I am also having remote key issues..... One key LED lights, one doesn't but neither do Anything..... Also chasing a intermittent locking of the truck and FRUNK....

I have spent a lot of time searching here and on pelican to search for a solution....
But so far no joy..... FYI the car is dry, and no sign of water in the cabin or under the seat....

Any bright ideas???
Thanks!
Fred

P.S. I Tried pushing the window down when fully closed, to check for a bad regulator.... No luck.... Rock solid....

I tried uploading a video of what it was doing..... But photobucket had its way wth me..... Curses!!! foiled again!

Last edited by 1096369fred; 11-21-2017 at 08:43 AM.
1096369fred is offline   Reply With Quote