View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 03:03 AM   #10
Deserion
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertKing View Post
Really? Why? a huge part of driving a stick is hearing and feeling when the shift needs to happen. The tach is to me anyway, eye candy. My daily, a 5.9 liter Magnum V8 has the tach left of the speedo. Both equal in size, never do I look at the tach unless I'm getting some off sound or behavior. I personally don't understand why the tach displays total mileage and trips on the 2001 986. Makes no sense. If the tach is so important, why show those? Seems to me it would make more sense to display actual speed and perhaps mpg but no... Now don't misunderstand me, I love my 986... I baby her and when I've finished the few niggling things I need to fix, she'll end up my daily driver.
If you enable the OBC, you'd then have average MPG, outside temperature, speed warning, and average speed in addition to the odometer/trip meter. Personally I don't have much issue with glancing at the digital speedometer since I've gotten used to it in 7 years. Now trying to focus on the analog, that's another story.

For what it's worth, the 9x7 cars put the digital speedometer back in the middle.
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote