View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 04:39 PM   #16
Boxstard

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilw View Post
For those not familiar with the Lotus Europa, I saw one a few weeks ago at a local Brit car show. Back in the 70's, rated as the best handling car in the world. And it was kind of a predecessor to the Boxster as a compact, lower priced mid-engine.

While it had a gun-slot rear window, the rearview mirror was hardly in front of you. More alongside your head, so not of great use!
914 deserves honorary mentioning here, as a closer predecessor...

I'm debating glass vs original plastic myself... Just fitted hardtop for winter driving and love clarity through glass top, but I like overall profile and more retro looking with plastic window on soft top. For non-winter seasons, my top stays down 97% of time unless it is raining or below 50F, so I guess visibility or looks won't matter anyway. One downside with plastic may be that I can't put top down whenever I want to, even it is 40F, without fear of or actually cracking it.
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote