Thread: Chuckwalla
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 08:08 PM   #5
AZ986S

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelT View Post
Such a great track. POC was there a couple of weeks ago. Why not come out and join us next year, get some instruction and take a few more seconds off your time? I could tell you what the spec boxsters were running there but it may be better not to know until AFTER you've been
I'd love to get out to Chuckwalla with POC. Yeah I can guess what the spec Boxster times are... probably around 2:05, maybe less

Was out there today, and what a beautiful day it was. Got there around 6:45 am and it was a nippy 45F, but it warmed up quickly. My group was out last on the first session at 9:35 am, by that time it had warmed up to 57F or so. It got up to 75F in the afternoon and sunny blue sky. Got 4 x 20 minute sessions in with progressively better times, but by the 4th session, I was pushing it harder and my times were very consistent at 2:12-2:13. So I met my goal of 2:13. I did have a passenger all day.

I have to say that I enjoyed how Speed Ventures does things. 1st, they greet you at every session and place you in the grid according to your times, eliminating guesswork for optimal grid positioning. 2nd, they do what's called a download after each session, more or less just a formal review of any incidents, complaints, point bys, track etiquette etc... I think AZ PCA and my local group Pro-Autosports should do this too as it seems many people have forgotten about proper track etiquette.

I'll post a video when I get a second to overlay the data and render the 4th session.
2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote