View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 07:53 AM   #1
GDietrich

550 Spyder vs Boxster

Hi All,

I recently purchased a 1998 Boxster and I love it!!! I have also had the privlage of owning a Vintage Spyders 550 Spyder replica. Due to a very unfortunate accident, the 550 was destroyed and then financial problems set so I had to sell her - a hard day!!! Some of you may remember My550Spyder.com - no longer up.

Many of my friends ask me if the 550 was a better car and if given the opportunity would I trade it for a new 550. Although the Boxster is the sibling of the 550, it's very hard to compare. The 550 was a pure sports car - no A/C, heat, radio, power seats, etc... It was you, a seat, a Banjo style wheel, a frame, 1914 cc engine and the open road... The Boxster on the other hand is very exciting to drive, technologically advanced in every way, loaded with all the creature comforts but the hood line reminds me of the 550...

Anybody who has owned a real or replica 550 and now owns a Boxster has probably been asked the same question... For me... I would have to take the 550 Spyder. No disrespect to the Boxster at all. Driving a 550 Spyder was as close to Euphoria as it got...

Any other opinons / stories would be great

Be Good!

Greg
GDietrich is offline   Reply With Quote