Thread: Help with CEL
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 11:19 AM   #1
Jeffkay1967

Help with CEL

Hi, My problem started with my 1997 986 with code p1126 and CEL. I determined the AOS was bad (oil in j pipe to intake, oil filler cap vaccum extreme). I replaced the AOS and the auto-topsy showed the diapharam was ripped in two places. So i assimed this would be the last of the problems but the CEL returned this time with secondary air pump code p0410. I thought maybe the problem was from a vacuum leak i caused when breaking the brittle oil dipstick tube. I sealed that and can find no evidence of any vacuum leaks. After this the CEL came back. This time at around 70mi. I actually heard the secondary air pump start (i was driving, not starting cold) amd suddenly the light went on. This time i got p1126, p0410 and p1411. The pump starts in the mornings and runs the minut or so. I cant find any leaks. I thought maybe i knocked something when putting in the AOS which now i dont even know if it caised the original problem. I am thinking to rig some kind of smoke test but thought i would post this and see what you all think...
Jeffkay1967 is offline   Reply With Quote