View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 04:52 AM   #10
Lacostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
Unless someone has poked a hole in your floor pan, it's very unlikely that your carpet got wet from driving through high water. Maybe water got past your door seal, but even that would surprise me. I have 30+ boxsters that sit out in a field. Some have no tops or doors. Water will collect inside the cabin unless I poke a hole through the floor pan. I give it a 90% chance that water got inside from the rain and not the puddle. There are other ways rain can get into the cabin besides a clogged drain hole.
As for the engine and exhaust. It's not the muffler you need to worry about it's the intake. I've seen many vehicle run with the muffler many feet under water. As long as the engine is running water can't get inside. Now if the engine is off and water flows into the exhaust, that can blow the head gasket on some vehicles when you go to start the vehicle.
Right I see. When I say High water I mean a lighter version of this: https://imgur.com/hheNOAe
In this picture, the water may not get inside from the Doors but certainly will get from the bottom I guess?
Lacostas is offline   Reply With Quote