View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 09:29 AM   #14
BoomerRoadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWBOX2000 View Post
So from my manual, the four points are just the 2 on both sides that the provided jack attaches to. So next question. how does one jack up using those points and them put the car on jack stands if the designated spot for the jack stand is already being used by the jack. This would seem like you can only work on these if you have a lift. My two sources were pelican and Bentley. That is really bad if they are wrong since they are the main source of info for most of is.
This is EXACTLY my question too!! How is it possibel to jack the front of the car at the proper front jack location AND THEN place the jack stand in the same place the lift is????

So...I believe the answer is this...PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong....

Say you want to place a jack stand under the front left corner. START by using your lift at the REAR LEFT jack point just in front of the left rear wheel. This will lift the entire left side of the car and you'll be able to place the jack stand in the desired front left position. Then, lower the lift.

Next, switch the the right side and repeat. Now the entire front end will be on jacks.

Next, lift the left rear at the left rear jack point and place a jack stand under the RIGHT REAR side of the car, then get the lift out of the way and you should be able to place the left rear jack stand.

Is this all correct???
BoomerRoadie is offline   Reply With Quote