View Single Post
Old 04-25-2004, 02:51 PM   #6
Adam

Thankyou very much Ad Sach for the detailed info. I wasn't aware it was such a pain to remove the engine grills. Does desnorkling have any downsides? Warranty problems or more dust particles getting in perhaps? Do alot of boxster owners desnork? I think my plan so far is to get a BMC-1 flat filter that goes into the oem airbox and replaces the oem filter. It's supposed to be a real nice oem replacement filter, or so I hear on the boxster racing board. Cost is approx $80 I believe. I have heard about fouled mafs so I am going to real careful about loading up on to much oil if oiling is necessary. I know that headers will give a performance increase and a muffler probabbly wont, but thats ok with me. I figured that mufflers were much easier to install. Does the engine need to be pulled in order to install the headers? If not maybe I will go with the headers first and then the exhaust. I want a louder exhaust sound even if the power goes nowhere so the exhaust is definately in the cards. I'm still leaning torwards fabspeed for the exhaust, headers and ecu retune. They have an in-house dyno setup to optimize the power. Here is the website incase some of you guys haven't seen it yet www.fabspeed.com/ Miller, thanks for the info, I was afraid that it was going to be expensive, but I know the retune is essential in order to make any real gains. I'm sure the warranty is compromised when these things are done to so I'm not thrilled about that either.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote