View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 01:18 PM   #5
Burg Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksnyper View Post
Anyone have any smart ideas?
A city I used to fly into for biz regularly (~ weekly) received a manual Mustang once. First time there the Budget counter girl begged if I knew how to drive a manual. Thinking it might be a POS Suzuki or Kia (I'm cheap when reserving rental cars b/c you most often get bumped up to a higher class) I inquired back "Maybe. Why?"

She advised they had a brand new Mustang nobody there can drive and since most people are traveling on biz they don't want to rent. If you can and wouldn't mind you'd first have to run it thru our wash b/c it's filthy and we can't let it go out that way... but we need to get it into rotation so we'll cover your fuel for entire rental. Hey, free gas is free gas and so I did as a MT is fine by me wherever. Must've only ever been one or two others who also took b/c often times I'd come back the following week to find car in exact same spot next to building with what seemed to be exact same mileage I dropped off. First two years was a black Mustang which was replaced then by a white one (also manual).

So... Check your local Enterprise, Budget or other rental locations...often times they get in an errant fleet vehicle (occasionally Mustangs, Camaros and pick-up trucks) or two w/ a manual. Smart call not teaching on your own vehicle if you have trepidation.

Good luck