View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 07:01 AM   #3
Racer Boy
Racer Boy

Rebuilding the suspension (if yours is original, it's time; 102K is probably 20K past the time that stuff has worn out. German parts don't last nearly as long as American or Asian parts!) in an incremental fashion will be difficult. If you are going to replace the control arms (coffin arms), you might as well replace everything else while you've got it apart. If you replace one component, you should do an alignment, so doing it all at the same time will save you the trouble and expense of having an alignment done repeatedly.

I rebuilt the suspension on my 146K 2002 Boxster, and it made a world of difference. On my car, everything was shot - it made so many different squeaks, rattle, and creaks that it was difficult to have a conversation in the car while driving. I replaced every component except for the rear toe links, and it drives great now. It wasn't cheap, though; I think the grand total for the parts was around $3500. Since I did all the work myself, at least there was no labor expense.
Racer Boy is offline   Reply With Quote