View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 08:09 PM   #3861
jakeru

Drove for the first time in cold weather (3x degrees Fahrenheit) for the first time since changing my manual transmission fluid in my ~120k mile 2001 boxster 2.7 / five speed. Holy moly, rather than shifting stiffly when cold like I was used to, it shifts like butter!! The shift effort improvement after changing the tranny fluid was noticeable enough when warmed up, but now when stone cold on a very cold morning, this was huge, huge improvement!

Also, the defroster on the hardtop I just re-installed last weekend was very nice. Really happy with this the daily driver Boxster on the way in to work this morning!

And I must also add, the hydrophobic quality of the polished and sealed hardtop I put away last spring was still beading water like absolute craziness! I was greeted this morning to probably at least a hundred thousand awesome dewy water droplets in pretty much any size you can imagine from 1" on down...

Edit: and I think we've got to zoom on more on that last picture there, folks... (nice showing in the larger droplet of the lapis blue metallic color flake! )
Attached Images

Last edited by jakeru; 11-06-2017 at 08:17 PM.
jakeru is offline   Reply With Quote