Thread: Got my Z-top
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 02:42 AM   #6
particlewave
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Putting a Z-top on Boxster is not trying to make it look like something it isn't.
Quite the opposite, actually. A Cayman is just the coupe version of the 987 Boxster, so the Z-top is just how the 986 hardtop should have looked from the beginning.
Your statement is sort of like saying that a 996 cab with a hardtop is trying to look like a 911...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWS View Post
I have mixed feelings about these tops; on one hand I really like them (maybe secretly want one), but... A Boxster with a Z-top is (almost) a Cayman, and part of me says that if I wanted a Cayman, I should buy a Cayman, not make a Boxster into a Cayman. I suppose that even though I like the look, at the same time I have problems with changing something to look like something else. For example, has anyone ever bought a Cayman and then cut off the top to make it a convertible? I would guess not (or at least with any frequency), as a convertible Cayman is available...the Boxster.

Apologies if I have offended (as not my intent), and remember... I might secretly want one.

BTW... I like your decor (seriously), although I do also have mixed emotions on the top as a coffee table. Please tell me that isn't what you are going to repurpose your old hard top for. (Although my wife says the trend now is to mix, match and clash...what better than a Gaurds Red Porsche top table?)
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote