View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 12:53 PM   #36
ncvols

I lived in PA from 2004-2015 and first had a e30 BMW 325i convertible (1987). Sold it and bought a e36 325i (1996). I ended up not driving it so much and sold it to buy my oldest son a used 2004 325i coupe. Then we moved to Wilmington, NC and I realized it's the perfect place to drive a convertible year round. I wanted something different so started researching Boxsters and learned how much storage they had and learned about the base and S versions. I started checking local Craigslist and after about a year, I found a 2000S with 51K miles for $9500. A local foreign car mechanic had bought it for his wife (who was used to driving a Mercedes). Needless to say, she didn't care for the Boxster so he sold it to me. He had also replaced the IMS so it was a no brainer. I bought it in Sep 2016 and now it's up to 57K. Made a few mods (painted the console, wheel spacers, new badge on the trunk, new rear speakers, new cocomat floor mats). The only screw up I did was leaving the top down and it came a 10 min shower that completely ruined the seat cushions - so had to replace those. Been a great car so far (fingers crossed!).
ncvols is offline   Reply With Quote