View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 09:30 PM   #17
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

It's probable that a catastrophic failure at high speed is a small percentage, but do you want to be that guy?

How willing will they be to geld their car and their efforts because of a repaired tire? Perhaps they do so for a week or a month, but I suspect that soon they return to their old habits totally forgetting or ignoring the fact that they are riding on compromised rubber.

Of course, people can do as they wish and ultimately will. But, I cannot, on principal, personally endorse an unsafe practice for someone seeking advise. Especially where the rubber meets the road...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
Well spoken Jim. When I'm driving at high speeds I'm not thinking about the rear tire that is patched on my car(though I should be). I guess I should consider myself lucky because I've put some pretty good stress on the tires considering the autocrosses, donuts( ok so what they are fun) and some high speed usage. This thread makes me think of the unassuming guy buying the second hand boxster that has a patched rear tire though. That poor unsuspecting soul just was out for a "spirited" drive then BOOM his tire fails and he is toast because previous owner never mentioned that kinda thing.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote