View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #14
z12358

"What exactly will you be "claying" off! Your car is brand new, and stored indoors. Driven on weekends and nice days. I think you should just keep her clean and wax it.

Sounds like you are following the good advice from Perfectlap. I'd just skip the clay step. Just my opinion."

bmussatti, I agree on the claying. Glad I'm in agreement with a 2nd place Concours winner. I was just curious to learn more.

Honestly, while reading autopia, I was a bit apprehensive about all the PorterCable-whipping cowboys. This is one of the reasons why I would rather not let any of them detail my car. Applying too many abrasives at thousands of rpm too often can only hurt the clear-coat not "improve" it, imho. As in many other things in life, LESS is probbably more. I'm glad perfectlap and you seem to be suggesting the same Zen.

Thx for the Zaino tip. I've been thinking about it but still have reservations mostly about the initial effort needed, the sensitivity to precision in the process (easy to screw up), and the difficulty in removing it or combining with other products. The pics with Zaino I've seen are unquestionably good, though.