View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 08:53 AM   #9
Aggromuffin

Here's a synopsis I just got from the seller

"
I purchased it in or around 2011 at Del Mar Motor Cars in Del Mar, California. Fun, sporty and a real joy to drive. Due to the busy comings and goings of life, it sat mostly in the garage for a couple of years. I put very low mileage on it from the time of purchase, and frankly until now. I moved it up to Idaho in the Spring of 2015. Prior to that, in April 2015, I replaced the clutch and the IMS bearing. The IMS bearing tends to give people trouble, and without warning leads to catastrophic failure. So, it is not uncommon for owners of the 2001 Porsche Boxster-S to aggressively replace the IMS bearing and eliminate that concern. Performing the work in conjunction with the clutch work makes perfect sense as you have to tear down the same parts of the vehicle. I also replaced a stabilizer bar in the rear of the vehicle. The vehicle was driven up to Idaho and performed well. In the Summer of 2016, I replaced the water pump at Bruneel's Tire in McCall.

Overall, the vehicle is in very good condition. On the flip side, here is what should be addressed by the new owner over time: there is a check engine light on which is due to the catalytic converter. In California, they are required for smog relief. I was advised that the check engine light could be re-set prior to having the vehcile smogged and it would pass the test. I re-set the check engine light and it passed smog. In Idaho, catalytic converters are not required and I was informed that it could just be removed or ignored. That is the source of the check engine light, as confirmed by European Motor Cars in Encinitas, CA. The windshield washer container should be replaced. The driver's seat electrical wiring should be checked as it periodically will stick.

Great sound system with great speakers."

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Aggromuffin is offline   Reply With Quote