View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 07:42 PM   #1
DarkStar

Garage
Exhaust Sound Fluxuations...

Was hoping to get a lil insight or maybe find out if its common.

Anyway, I have a 01S with a complete catless exhaust. Headers, Secondary Pipes, Flex U Pipes, and a Beluga Muffler. So nothing expensive. However the exhaust has been bad ass for its low price range. It has shown a lil bit of issues, crap welding and some fiberglass being blown all over the car.

This has all stopped and it finally got stuck with a loud exhaust note. Very nice loud too. I know some of you have heard a clip I made. I can post it again. Anyway I been thinking about adding some stuff to try and quiet it down a lil bit. Well one of the flex pipes exploded from some unburnt fuel popping. I was unable to do anything about it for about a week since I been soo busy. But it finally got soo annoying being one side wasn't being muffled. So I fixed it and fired it up..... And well, its quiet as hell. I'm not complaining but I was wondering if someone knew why.... I love the way the car sounds now. It sounds sooooo nice now.

Exhaust matches the intake sound now instead of overpowering it. But I just don't know why its soo quiet now. Anyone know why this would happen? I have shoved a endoscope into each muffler to look for a possible restriction, there is non. Sucker is just really quiet now. Louder than stock, but much better tone.

So I'm unsure if there is an issue causing it to be quiet or... You tell me?