View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 05:57 AM   #1
ranbar2

Newbie Porsche owner

Hello all. I am the proud owner of a 2000 S. This is my first porsche and I am having so much fun with it. It is also the first time I have ever driven a manual transmission, but my neighbor (who autocrosses) threatened to shoot me if I bought a boxster with a tip. And I had to agree with him. This car was NOT made for an automatic. So, I have spent the past couple of weeks hoping that I don't tear up my clutch. But, other then the relatively tight gates, this car has been very forgiving and I have had a blast learning the nuances of driving a stick. One thing I have noticed in some of these posts is that people seem to run at high rpms. I usually stay in the 3000-4000 range. Any thoughts? Also, have yet to put it in 6th. 5th has gotten me well into the ticket danger zone!!

I am going to try to put a pic of my car on here. It is rainforest green. Originally I wanted silver but here in tampa, silver and black are all I see. And the green matches my subie forester. I don't know why there aren't more green boxsters, it is such a beautiful color and seems to suit the car.
ranbar2 is offline   Reply With Quote