View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 01:32 PM   #3763
Troy.Boxster

I changed the oil and filter (housing and insert) and tried to replace my brake pads and rotors so I can pass my inspection (technically they are fine, but not quite good enough I guess). I bought PowerStop products but the front rotors and pads are smaller than what was on the car already. Amazon, R0ck Aut0, Jegs, and others all say that I bought the right ones, but the PowerStop site lists a different product number!? So, I guess I have some calls to make to PowerStop to figure out what's what. The diameter of the set that PowerStop lists for me actually match what I have on the car whereas the set I bought are about an inch smaller. I don't know if there is a bad flag somewhere that is saying these are good for my 2000 S across all the sites, but I'll post whatever I find.
Luckily, my oil filter looked good and my magnetic oil plug didn't have any concerning particles stuck to it, so the afternoon wasn't a total waste.

Driving this car makes me wish I lived farther away from work!
Troy.Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote