View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 01:44 PM   #11
geraintthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
An example of the glaring hole in your theory is my rainforest green/savanna beige 2001S. It has less than 12K miles on it and is absolutely perfect. Every time I have it out, someone approaches me to find out if it might be for sale. Oh yeah, it is also one of the very first dual row cars retrofitted with an IMS Solution outside of Jake’s shop.

Not all low mileage cars are the same............
Okay, your example is completely flawed as you've already replaced yours with an aftermarket solution. If you had the original in there with it being a 2001 Boxster, with only 12k miles on the clock, you'd more than likely have issues at this point. Not all are the same, but an old, low mileage Boxster is usually asking for trouble due to the bearing not being lubricated to the amount it needs to be, causing premature failure in comparison to daily drivers. You can't really argue with that point, and that's all we've been saying.

But that was his whole point, the car he was looking at didn't have an uprated bearing, so we're warning him of the possible dangers of buying an old, low mileage Boxster. The fact you have an older model with low miles makes absolutely no difference to the point being made as you've changed your bearing, so I'm not sure what you're talking about with his 'glaring hole' in his theory.

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting

Last edited by geraintthomas; 09-28-2017 at 01:49 PM.
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote