View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 06:31 AM   #17
eicheldp

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeru View Post
I'm also just curious, what modification(s) did you make already which put you into SCCA Street Touring Unlimited class?
Jakeru,
The only modification I have made was changing wheel diameter and putting on some spacers and summer performance tires. I put it all in the thread below. Everything else is stock.
Wheel Fitment and Spacers
I went back to the SCCA classifications and I saw where my car is listed under STU class, but I also read the opening paragraph of the class that allows for suspension and engine modifications.
What confused me was the C street list of applicable cars, where it states "Boxster (986 chassis, all) (1997-2004)". It doesn't call out the S version specifically as they do for other classes for different models. I guess I'm in the wrong class.

Porsche
356 Carrera (4-cam)
911 (non-turbo, NOC)
911 Club Sport
914 (all)
928 (all)
944 (16v)
944 Turbo (all)
Boxster (986 chassis, all) (1997-2004)
Carrera 2 & Carrera 4 (964) (1989-94)
C Street class (CS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
Looks like you are in PCA Zone 2. Find an active AX region near you and contact their CDI. Let him know you are interested in improving your AX skills and would like to work with a qualified instructor. He will direct you from there.
AUTOCROSS « Porsche Club of America, Zone 2
Topless,
I looked at the other regions listed on the link you provided, it seems that Reisentoter (my current chapter) is the most active for Autocross. I'll check within the club, but I will also check with the SCCA.
Thanks