View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 08:20 PM   #14
boxfix

I put 87 miles on the Boxster today and the SAI has not yet reset.

I did more testing on the vacuum system with the new reservoir installed.

I am getting 18" of HG at my 1000 feet or elevation. This appears to be a good reading. I tried this before with the leaking reservoir in there and I was getting like 9 "hg.

I wish I had done this test days and miles ago.

You can get a vacuum gauge for $13 from Harbor freight, and a hand vacuum pump for $25 or so.

I used the hand pump to test the reservoir and the good one would hold 15" hg.

Bad one would not hold any vacuum. I kept the reservoir in place and reached in there with 2 long needle nose pliers to remove the hose on the old reservoir. then I put the hand pump with a long piece of silicone tubing hooked to the old reservoir. Sure enough it would hold no vacuum.

I put on connector on the "Y" fitting and use a long piece of hose to hook the new reservoir into the system.

I disconnected a vacuum line on solenoid for the Triptronic and installed the test vacuum gauge there. I go 17"HG which climbed to over 18" when the car warmed up. That was at 830 idle RPM.

So I feel I have fixed the vacuum leaks. I assume I would not have this much vacuum if I had a leak of any size.

I have replaced every bit of vacuum tubing I can reach with 4mm ID silicon tubing and brass barbed connectors.
1990 Chevrolet pu pre runner
boxfix is offline   Reply With Quote