View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 12:49 PM   #40
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ986S View Post
OK so I just got back from the shop.

It looks like the factory re-manufactured 3.2 engine that was pulled from the donor 2000 Boxster S had the M97 bottom end with larger IMS single row bearing but still has the original Variocam. The fuel rails had the integrated pressure regulator and so had to be swapped with the ones on the pulled engine since the 2002 Boxster S has the regulator on the fuel pump. They also swapped the injectors since they were blue instead of white (what's the difference?).

I have not looked a the intake, but apparently the M97 3.2 makes 280 HP with a larger airbox, larger exhaust and intake. So hopefully the 7.2 DME will drive this engine correctly.

I did read from the Pelican article on Boxster engine swaps that the M97 3.2 (not reman) requires the use of the 7.8 DME, wiring and DME pin changes. That appears to not be the case here with my swap so far. So that is probably what you are referring to Woody for your customer having a hard time with his swap...

More to come...
Check the engine number on the sump rail; willing to be it has an "AT" in it, but the numbers will tell you what year it was designed for.