View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 10:46 PM   #16
jakeru

Hey folks, on my 2001 Boxster base 2.7 with good condition, used OE brake pads (brembo and textar, if I recall correctly), I've also been trying to get rid of some brake squeaking that only occurs under certain conditions (temperature and pedal pressure).

Recently, I tried removing the front pads, cleaning and greasing all the contact points, and adding some "Permatex Disc Brake Quiet" (goop) on the back of the pads which was designed to stop pad squeaking. I made sure I had the factory heat shields/shims installed behind the pads, also. It worked for about 10 minutes when I had wonderful completely quiet braking, but then the squeaking had returned!

Since I noticed there is a small worn ridge near the outer diameter of the rotors, I figured maybe turning them is something I might try next, so I was talking to a fellow at a car parts store about doing this. He suggested so try chamfering the pads, so I got reading about it, and it seems it just might work.
https://ebcbrakes.com/articles/squeaky-brakes/

Found this thread. Anyone have same issue and fix, or try pad chamfering on their Porsche/brembo/textar pads to fix brake squeaking?

By the way, I seem to have some drilled brake rotors. Although I like the way they look, I don't believe they're stock spec on this 2.7/base brake setup. Pads are also not new, but pad thickness is good. Happy with brake performance aside from the squeaking.

Last edited by jakeru; 09-20-2017 at 11:03 PM.
jakeru is offline   Reply With Quote