View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 07:41 PM   #5
JBauer

Just though id throw this out there. The website below connects truckers with people wanting larger parts shipped long distances. Kind of like thst show Shipping Wars. I bought a hardtop thst was a 10 hour drive each way and planned on renting a truck to go get it. Found this site, put in the info and within 15 min got a bid of $200. That was cheaper than renting a truck and the gas, and a hotel room because there is no way I could of driven there and back straight through. It was pick up the next day and delivered the day after that. He was hauling a large boat from California to Maine traveling right by the sellers town and my town on I-70. He does this all the time to make extra cash.
He did tell me I did it wrong by taking his bid immediately though. I put in all the info on Labor day. He said normally there are 4 to 10 trucker bidding on most of the pick ups. He said on a normal day I probably would of gotten it done cheaper if i would of waited on more bids.

https://www.uship.com.

You put in all the info, it stay up for a week. No charge. If you don't you don't accept any bids or youdo It can be canceled at anytime. No obligation.
JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote