View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 03:03 AM   #1
shadrach74

Cruise control install issues.

Greetings folks,

After doing a search of cruise control issues, I am fairly convinced that my problems are unique.

I recently took the opportunity to upgrade from eight to stock wiper headlight upgrade from tow stalk wiper/blinker assembly to the four stock unit with OBC and cruise control on my 2002 S.

I used the pelican technical article as a guide. Install was fairly straightforward aside from the cable routing to the trunk. I wasted a lot of time trying to use the factory wire chase, which I think is impossible with the top and cover in place.

After install I had an airbag light (expected as I had to reconnect the battery after accidentally closing the trunk).

The first thing I did after Hooking up the Durametric was turn off the airbag light. This worked just as it should; the airbag light went dark and I move on down the list to activate the cruise and OBC.

Activation of the OBC went fine and I did a check of the available functions and took a few minutes to familiarize myself with the features and also reset my clock.

Activation of the cruise control was a success according to the Durametric. However, the cruise control indicator is not illuminated.

Furthermore, the airbag light came back on during one of the activations.

So I have two issues:

1) Knowing that I was not having an airbag issue prior to the install, I'm pretty sure the issue is not related to the seatbelt sensor so common in these cars. Unfortunately, the Durametric is not detecting any airbag fault even the light keeps coming back. Has anyone experienced anything like this during an install?

2) Also, my post installation research indicates that the wire from the DME to the gauge cluster is unnecessary in my 2002 S. I performed the install with the Gauge/DME wire. Could it be causing a problem with the gauge cluster and possibly contributing to my cruise indicator problem?

Many thanks as always!
shadrach74 is offline   Reply With Quote