View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 07:39 AM   #17
911monty

Garage
First off I love AN hose and fittings. I also see that you changed the relief spring and piston. Looking at your pics from a fluid flow dynamics perspective my first thought was "wow those high pressure brass 90s from the adaptor are hugely restrictive". I'm pretty sure this was done to create a solid support for the hoses etc from the dynamics encountered during racing but unfortunately 90 degree fittings are basically a block wall to fluid flow. And this is the first and last thing the oil pump sees. Add to this the restricted id for high pressure and this is probably affecting fluid flow and ultimately pressure, (Decrease velocity ( the 90), increase pressure (pump discharge) creating a pressure drop across each 90 . Before jumping into the deep end and replacing parts, FWIW My .02 and an easy test is to remove the brass 90s, install 1/2" to -10 AN bushings into the adaptor, then a 90 deg -10 AN ell to your hose. The larger id and smooth radius of the AN fitting will be much less restrictive to fluid flow.

Last edited by 911monty; 09-04-2017 at 08:28 AM.
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote