View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 02:31 AM   #1
square-root

Speakers and Amps

Hey,

I'm replacing most of the audio (factory HiFi, not Bose) on my 2000 Boxster S,
and I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback or thhoughts on my plan, which is as follows:

I've bought a Clarion NZ502e head unit which I am replacing the Becker CD-23 with,
I've acquired a 996 Coupé 6x40 RMS Amp for dirt cheap which I am going to install to prep the car for rear speakers (keeping that project for later).

Bought a Alpine SPR-50c kit and a SPG-10c2, with the plan being to replace the door speakers with the 5.25" Type-R:s, and replace the dash speakers with the 4" Type-G:s.
Now, as far as I know, the dash speakers also have 1" tweeters, and my question is whether it will make sense to just remove those tweeters or replace them with the tweeters from the SPR-50c kit. My thinking is that having both the Type-Gs and the Alpine tweetters in the dash will be overkill.

Furthermore I am contemplating whether I should skip the HAES amps altogether and instead get an Alpine MRV-F300?

Am I overthinking this?

Edit: I am not an audiophile, and I enjoy listening to a great exhaust, but I also believe that life is better with a soundtrack

Last edited by square-root; 09-04-2017 at 02:37 AM.
square-root is offline   Reply With Quote