View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 08:46 AM   #15
The Radium King

thanks jfp, i've wondered about the frao readings - i had presumed that the frao values were reserved for turbo cars that had wideband o2 sensors and returned afr readings at high load.

reading the report attached, i note that you are returning a 'n/a' value for bank one sensor two. it does report a voltage value, however, so presume the sensor is working. my understanding is that the second sensor is the post catalytic o2 sensor and only used to confirm operation of the cats and not to trim air fuel ratios. so that begs the question as to why bank two is returning a trim value for sensor two. probably tied to the fact you are using a non-porsche obd tool to read the data?

so, as jfp notes, you have two trim ranges - rkat (idle) and frau (low load). factory ranges are +/- 4% for rkat and 0.7 to 1.32 for frau. again, the obd data you have looks to be generic so uncertain what trim info is being presented. the trim values presented could be in range if frau value, but are still high. if idle (rkat) then too high. note that a vacuum leak will be more obvious at idle than at low load - a car driving down the road uses a lot more air than an idling car, so a vacuum leak will show more at idle (ie, 1 part to 50 vs 1 part to 500). a bad fuel system will more likely show up under load where the requirement to provide fuel is higher than at idle. realise that you can get a lean condition (ie your current code) with too much air (vacuum leak - problem at idle) or not enough fuel (fuel system issue - problem under load). perhaps get a durametric or pst2 on your car?

Last edited by The Radium King; 09-02-2017 at 12:01 PM.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote