View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 07:49 AM   #468
geraintthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
Glad to hear it is not going to be too much to sort out. The car looks beautiful as always
Thank you

Whilst I’m waiting to buy the parts to fix the suspension issues, I already had the kit to refurbish the alloy wheels.

The last time I did the wheels they looked great, but eventually they became a lot more matt than gloss for some reason. Not sure if it was the lacquer I used or the technique.

This time I’ve coated the lacquer on seriously thick. The result is a wheel that’s not perfect by any means (with orange peel and the odd lacquer defect here and there due to thick build up), but it’s a lot more glossy.

I could get them professionally done but, to be honest, this is good enough for me.

I tell you what though, I used black primer before putting the coat on. When the primer dried, the wheel was satin black…

…and it did look quite nice.

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote