View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 03:48 PM   #14
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinle92618 View Post
Again, many thanks to those who have responded. It's priceless to get different perspectives from those who are knowledgeable and have no motives to empty your wallet.

@thstone, the leak is more like a 'leak' ie., several spots of 50cents on the ground. I can see several spots where oil is standing.
@BYprodriver, yes the warranty work to fix previous leak was before 2005 (2003 to be exact)
@nieuwhzn, I too have just spent $1400 to replace the AOS and the water pump.

Last weekend, thinking that it was a transmission leak, I tried to top off the transmission oil. FYI, I just changed the transmission oil & filter a few months ago. However, with the transmission oil at the correct temperature and the engine is running, when I removed the filler plug the hot oil gushing out quite a bit. So I put the plug back in. I'm 100% sure I did NOT put in as much transmission oil as the amount that came out when I change the oil few months ago. Is this because I only jacked up the rear wheel instead of raised all 4 wheels at level?

Yes needs to be level when replacing fluid to get proper level. I would think you could tell fresh fluid stain from engine oil.