View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 08:16 AM   #10
edevlin

Smile Long List

I got my 2.7L 2000 Boxster several months ago an it needed defered maintenance. I did that then did a few mods.

Here are the housekeeping things I have done so far:

1. Redyed seats, the process worked well, but I put the dye on a little too heavy, should have thinned it a little.

2. Cleaned MAF to no effect, so replaced it.

3. Got the car with 42K on it, no records, so did 30K service (ouch), Porsche mechanic said it looked like the original plugs, so it looks like the two previous owners missed the 30K service.

4. Remote key was all rusted out got a new one programmed.

5. Touched up road rash on rear wheels

6. Was a lot of slack in the shifter cables, my local dealer said that he has seen several cars of my vintage with slack in the cables where the ends pop off the cables and you are stuck in the gear you are in till they are replaced. That scared me enough that I had the shift cables replaced, almost 600 bucks, ouch again.

7. Replaced rear brake pads

Mods I have done:

1. Replaced stereo with JL Audio Slash outboard amps, JL Audio indash and indoor speakers and high-end Pioneer head unit with XM. Sounds great, especially on long road trips.

2. TTP cold air intake, Fabspeed secondary Cat bypass pipes, AutoAuthority chip

List of things to do:

1. Drive more, I love this car, I just drove 1,600 miles over the last three days, and I am ready for more, but cannt now, have to work to pay for all the stuff I am doing to the car........

2. I plan on getting new tires, at least rears and an allingment next week.

3. I will be needing new front rotors in the next 5-10K

4. I am looking for a good custom subwoofer system to complete the audio rig.

5. My windshield washer just pooped out, motor works, but is squirting fluid into the wheel-well, got to try to fix it myself.

6. I am getting a new windshield, almost 800 bucks, but is covered by my insurance, lots of small chips.

7. I plan on putting on headers, high-flow cats and Gemballa muffler system in the next month or so.

It looks like I have spiraled down the evil road of dumping money into this car. I paid $21,000 for the car with 42,000 miles on it and it looked great when bought. I realize with the money I have dumped into it, I could have bought a more recent generation car or an "S", but I dont really mind as this is my my first Porsche after 40 years of lusting for one, it has fairly low mileage (or it did when I got it), does not leak a drop of oil, runs like a top, and I love it. What can I say...

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster
Arctic Silver Black
48K and counting....
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote