View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 04:01 PM   #466
geraintthomas

Found out from a friend that the lip that was cracked on the sub frame that the eccentric bolt pushes against to allow the toe to be adjusted is causing all of the issues. I was told that the torque of the bolt keeps the alignment, whereas in fact the bolt needs this lip to rest against, and as it's not there, the alignment will and has changed drastically.

Going to order a new rear left subframe in the next few days to fix it, as well as some drop links for the front. After I replace the sub frame, drop links, then get it aligned, it should feel and drive like new again and I seriously can't wait.

Second hand subframe is £25 on Ebay, drop links are £45, alignment is £60 for all four wheels. So £130 to get the suspension sorted. Happy days.

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote