View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 11:29 PM   #37
Nine8Six

preetee pics, as always....

Immob back in car, car start normally (amazingly?), but everything else fails; locking/remote mechanism, windows, etc etc don’t know what else, don’t care. Windshield washer pump and brake lights works super well though :/ man it xux

Steve (Qmulus Technology) thanks for jumping in – way too kind. The information you’ve published is already invaluable to the community, thanks so much. Same goes to the folks who can tweak and flash those YEEPROMM. Pretty amazing the wealth of knowledge and skills we have on this forum.

Saying skills; to reverse engineer and go as far as removing 20y old crispy components (relays, caps, whatever else it'll need), or flashing chips, you need that guy with 30y experience and with some preety damn solid ‘skills’. The problem is not much knowledge, it’s about NOT screwing up (zero/nada) anything in the process LOLLL So if this happens to you, place your brain where it normally goes and hire the folks who knows what they are doing. DO NOT ATTEMPT BY YOURSELF (you’ll screw up something and create more problems I promise LOL).

Steve was spot on though. You can trace back those relays to that Toshiba driver and much all pins from that are high. Consistent with what happening in the car (solid ugly RED lights on every switches).

So now my current status is passed well beyond suicidal, not sure what it’s called but it doesn’t feel right – my boxster is dead for the first time, OUCH lollll My indy found a replacement ($300) but said don’t expect it to be less damaged than yours (+dealer’s pst/piwis, + whatever else they have at $3000 for sale there I’m sure…).

The (only) other option is the cleanup, repair and/or get a fresh set of relays (clearly). Steve – give me a week to figure out if the guys can do this here if not, check your mail next week and slip me in your schedule if you can man. I’d really appreciate if it comes to this.