View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 09:32 PM   #35
particlewave
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertKing View Post
I read the first post, the immobilizer is under the drivers seat so, dismissed the water under the passenger seat as an issue. Basic trouble shooting is to go from simple to complex, not the other way round, hence my suggestion. A battery can be new and have sat on a shelf for many months before sale. ALWAYS, test the battery first. Next, test for current draw. Then, test ECU/Immobilizer for issues. If you go the opposite direction, you needlessly spend time and money when it may be as simple and cheap, as a battery cable. My own Boxster S (2001 3.2L) had a very low battery after 3 weeks of not being driven. Same symptoms. Hooked up a charger for a few hours, turned the key and she started right up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertKing View Post
2,050 horsepower? On what planet? Brand new battery is meaningless. Brand new, can fail just as often and as quick as 3 years old or more. You've no idea how long that battery sat on a storeroom shelf before it was sold to you. I do diagnostics on computers every single day, it's my living. Batteries and such issues are no difference. Simple to complex is the proper order. Eliminate the simple before moving onto something complex. While it could be, the immobilizer, it's far more likely something much higher on the chain is the actual culprit. As I said in a previous post, my own, 2001 Boxster S did the same thing after 3 weeks of not being driven. A few hours charge and she was back up and running.
Yikes.

Yeah...I'm fairly sure it's the immobilizer.
You really ought to read every post on a thread before commenting. His battery is fine.

Last edited by particlewave; 08-28-2017 at 09:35 PM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote